Subscribe:

Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Sample Text

TOP BACKLINK GET BACKLINK TOP BACKLINK GET BACKLINK GET BACKLINK
BackLink
Kedai Backlink,Backlink Percuma Free Automatic Link Elvira Cardenas - Streichquartett Florists Links GET BACKLINK
Ping Tool
My Ping in TotalPing.com
PageRank
Google PageRank Checker Powered by  MyPagerank.Net

Column 1

Column 2

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

English Conversations - Responding invitations


In your daily life you often have to respond to many kinds of invitations. You may need to accept or decline them. Do you know how to do them very well?

Study and practice the following conversation. Then, underline the expressions of accepting/ declining an offer/invitation. 
Anita :
You look so happy today, Adib.

Ruben :
Is there something we don’t know?

Adib :
Yes, my brother has finished his study in Australia and he’ll be home tonight.

Anita :
Really?

Adib :
Yeah, tonight we’re going to have a small welcome party. Would you like to come?

Ruben :
I would.

Adib :
What about you, Anita?

Anita :
I’d like to, but tonight I will have to take care of my little brother and my little sister. My parents will attend their friend’s wedding party.

Adib :
I see. It’s okay. Well, I think I have to go now. See you.

Ruben & Anita :
See you

Complete the following dialogue with the expressions bellow. Then, act the dialogue out.

I’m not sure I can. 

Thank you. I’d like to. 
Would you come? 
Would you like to try it? 

Andi : 
Den, do you know klepon?
Denias : 
No, I don’t. What’s that?

Andi : 
It’s a kind of dessert made of ours with brown sugar inside. It is sprinkled with shred coconut. The shape of klepon is like a ball. 1) _______________ . My mother made klepon this afternoon.

Denias : 
2) ________________.

Andi : 
Well, I’ll get some for you.

Denias : 
Okay.

Andi : 
Here you are. Just try it.

Denias : 
Hmm …, it’s delicious. Your mum is a good cook.

Andi : 
Yes, she is. By the way, tomorrow we’re going to have a graduation party for my sister. 3) _________.

Denias : 
4) __________________. Tomorrow I’m going to join a karate competition. I don’t know what time it ends.

Andi : 
That’s okay. Anyway, won’t you have more klepon?

Denias : 
Yes, thank you.

Source
PRIYANA, Joko dkk. 2008 BSE. Interlanguage: English for Senior High School Students X: SMA/MA Kelas XI Jakarta: Pusat Perbukuan, Departemen Pendidikan Nasional